Filing a provident fund claim online can help in the partial or complete withdrawal of funds, allowing you to manage unexpected financial needs or planned expenses. The Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is a savings scheme initiated by the Central Government, where you and your employer make equal contributions, which helps you build a sizeable corpus post retirement.
However, you need to file different forms when making a claim, depending on the purpose for which you plan to withdraw the amount. For example, you need to submit Provident Fund Application Form 19 to settle your PF account once you reach retirement age.
Read on to learn how to fill out PF Forms, make a provident fund claim online, and more.
Also Read: EPF Interest Rate 2023
Different Types of EPF Forms
There are various EPF forms that you need to fill out based on specific purposes. Here are a few details about them:
- Form 2: It is a nomination and declaration form to furnish details about the account nominee.
- Form 5: It needs to be submitted by employers to the EPF Commissioner’s office before the 25th of every month.
- Form 5 (IF): In case of the employee’s death, the legal heir or nominee needs to fill out this form to claim insurance benefits.
- Form 10C: You can submit this form to withdraw your pension amount during financial emergencies. Note that out of your 12% contribution towards the EPF account, 8.33% is contributed to your EPS or pension account.
- Form 10D: You can fill out this form to avail yourself of monthly pension benefits once you retire.
- Form 11: This is a self-declaration form wherein you submit basic details related to your EPF account. It is mandatory to submit this form when you start a new job.
- Form 14: You can link your LIC policy with your PF account by submitting this form to the nearest EPFO office.
- Form 15G: You can submit this form to avoid TDS deduction if you plan to withdraw your PF amount before completing 5 years of service with the current organisation. Know that if your withdrawal amount exceeds ₹50,000, it attracts tax deductions.
- Form 19: The Provident Fund Application Form 19 allows you to make a complete withdrawal and settle your EPF account.
- Form 20: The legal heir or nominee can submit this form upon the death of the EPF account holder.
- Form 31: This form allows you to make partial withdrawals only on certain conditions, which include meeting medical emergencies, being unemployed for more than 2 months, managing wedding expenses, and more.
Documents Required for PF Claims
In addition to the applicable PF claim form, here are other documents you need to submit:
- Composite Claim Form
- Bank account statement
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Two revenue stamps
- One cancelled cheque with your account number and IFSC code visible
- ITR Forms 2 and 3 (if you withdraw your EPF amount before completing 5 years of service with the current employer)
Also Check: Apply for withdrawal of PF online
How to Claim PF Online
Follow these steps to claim your PF amount online:
- Visit the EPFO’s UAN portal
- Enter your UAN and password, and click on ‘Sign in’
- Navigate to the ‘Manage’ tab to find the ‘KYC’ option
- Check your KYC details and hit the ‘Verify’ button
- Go to the ‘Online Services’ option and click on ‘Claim (Form-31, 19 10C & 10D)’ from the drop-down menu
- Verify your account information, KYC and other service details
- Enter the bank account number and click on ‘Verify’
- Sign the ‘Certificate of Undertaking’ to proceed and click on ‘Yes’
- Select the ‘Proceed for Online Claim’
- Choose the claim you want to file under the tab ‘I Want to Apply for’
- Select ‘Form 31’ to withdraw your funds and finally submit your application
As you can see, filing a provident fund claim online or offline is essential if you need access to funds. Another solution to help you tackle financial emergencies is to opt for Fibe’s quick and hassle-free Instant Personal Loan.
We provide funding of up to ₹5 lacs with an easy repayment schedule extending up to 36 months. To secure a loan at affordable rates and within a few minutes, download the Instant Loan App or log in to our website.
FAQs on How to File a Provident Fund Claim Online
How do you fill out the EPF withdrawal form and process claims online?
To make a withdrawal from your EPF account, you will need to make a request on the EPFO’s UAN portal. All you have to do is fill out the Provident Fund application Form 19, Form 10C, Form 10D, Form 31, or other forms based on the purpose of withdrawal.
How to fill out Forms 19 and 10C for PF withdrawal?
To fill out Forms 19 and 10C for PF withdrawal and file a provident fund claim online, visit the UAN portal of the EPFO. While Form 10C allows you to make a withdrawal while retaining your EPF membership, you can settle your EPF account with Form 19.
How can I withdraw my final PF amount online?
To withdraw your final PF amount online and settle your EPF account, visit the EPFO’s UAN portal and submit Form 19.